I don’t know what it was about Friday, but I was snacky as shit.
I normally don’t have wine in the house anymore, but I had 1/3 of a bottle left from my #livefully party which was 10 ounces – or basically a point an ounce. After that it was crazy. I found myself looking for something to eat like every 15 minutes! But I have to say, I am proud of myself for actually tracking everything I ate. I even weighed or measured out the food too! I have no idea why, but in looking back through my eats, I realize I need to bump up the protein big time. It keeps me fuller longer. And thanks to my WW app, I stopped my snack total at 31 because I was out of my weekly points, and my WI isn’t until Thursday. So I just have to be extra careful with how my 30 points are spent each day until WI.
Saturday morning I made hash waffles. They are the latest craze in the WW people I follow. I first saw Sophie (who is “Tracking Is The New Black” on Instagram) make these hash waffles back in December and I finally got around to making them. While she used frozen shredded potatoes which were thawed, I just shredded a raw potato for mine, and it worked just fine. The recipe is for one waffle – which when put in the WW recipe builder app, comes in at 6 points for just the waffle, and 2 points for my pepper jelly topping.
- 5 ounces potato, shredded and squeezed dry
- 1 ounce sirloin steak, cooked and chopped
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons egg whites
- salt and pepper *
- Heat your waffle maker on the highest setting and preheat. Mix the above together into a batter, and mix well. Pour evenly in your waffle maker. Cook for 6-8 minutes, or until desired doneness. Mine was crispy at 8 minutes. Since the batter was kind of thick, for the last minute I pressed my waffle maker down to make sure I got that crispy potato crunch.
* you can use any spice seasoning you want – cajun, Tabasco, the possibilities are endless! I used 1/2 teaspoon of this jalapeno pepper – so good!
While you guys know I LOVE my sweet and savory combo, I melted one tablespoon of Tabasco pepper jelly with one tablespoon of Smuckers sugar free syrup to drizzle over the top for 2 extra smart points. On the side was banana and blueberries for dessert. You guys just might as well drop the mic on this one. Crunchy, sweet, salty – is it wrong that I want to add Cabot cheese to these waffles to kick it over the top next time?!
This kept me full for hours. I didn’t eat lunch until nearly 3 in the afternoon when I stopped by the coffee shop where Hannah and Jacob work. It’s become my weekend treat to take an hour to just relax, meal plan, etc. The soup that day was chicken noodle, and somehow Hannah knew I like a lot of cracked pepper on my soup. Did I tell you that Jacob gave me his old Mac Book Pro? He got a new computer a while back and let me have his old one. The only problem was that I needed to have it plugged in all the time because the battery was shot, hence why he needed a new one. That didn’t bother me though because I usually have it plugged in while I watch t.v. in the living room.
But it works just fine now. I had it unplugged from 8 in the morning until 10 Saturday night before it beeped that it needed to be charged. Nice! I still had time to make it to the gym before it closed. I did 45 minutes on the treadmill on 8.0 incline at 4.0 mph.
Here is the after – but I just had to show you how my eyebrows are on fleek! I had a different girl at Wal-mart thread my eyebrows and it barely hurt at all.
With last weeks grocery shop at a mere $25, I knew I’d be spending more this week. Still not too bad!
$23.24 of that budget went to stocking up on meat – I thought I’d show you what I got for that amount of money, and see if it compares to what your local grocery store prices are.
So here are my ideas for the week:
- Chobani parfait with try #2 of PB2 granola (that hasn’t been made yet)
- Steel cut oats and toasted walnuts and blueberries (from Oprah’s new cookbook)
- PB2 Banana Muffins picky plate breakfast (that are 4 points each and I’ll share that recipe tomorrow)
- egg white and spinach breakfast tacos
- Pork and apple breakfast sausage with egg white avocado toast
- leftover frozen chili
- shrimp cocktail picky plate
- spaghetti squash pasta with pepperoni and mozzarella
- beef and broccoli stir fry
- leftovers on Friday of whatever needs to be eaten up
- beef with zucchini noodles and red pepper orzo
- baked chicken thighs with rosemary potatoes and spinach
- pork and broccoli slaw egg rolls (made over the weekend – delish!)
- skinny New Orleans BBQ shrimp and beef
- Party Pizza Friday (it’s been too long since I’ve had pizza!)
I am actually glad I had most of this post written yesterday, because I worked late at The Chopping Block last night. We didn’t get out until nearly 10:00 p.m. (our class ran long) and I drive my friend home because the public transportation isn’t the best on the weekends, and me driving 15 minutes out of my way saves her 45 minutes of walking to and from the train.
It was a fun class – great people, worked with my buddy Chef Nick (pictured below!) doing a surf and turf class. But a sad one because it was officially my last day of work there. I’ve only been working one day a week and it’s not worth my time anymore and it takes a huge chunk out of my weekend. I will still be blogging for them on a regular basis, and I’ll still be involved in their social media and will be a “guest” worker at fun events like Apple Fest. I really wish I could have made that my full time job, but you can’t always get what you want in life.
I met some amazing people there that I otherwise never would have met, and for that I will always be grateful. I need to write a nice note to Shelley the owner thanking her for the opportunity to work at such a great place.
So now I am back to just one job. A year ago around this time I was just quitting my law firm job, and here I am a year later back at another law firm. But I had an amazing year and I wouldn’t change a thing. Except winning the lottery.
UPDATED: My next post is up on The Chopping Block’s website – you can check it out here – two point Sopa Azteca! If you could leave me some comment love there, I would appreciate it. 😀
Alright, time to get my stuff together – happy Monday – make it a great day! Here’s some Monday Motivation: