Over the weekend I made one of Hannah’s favorite muffins – lemon poppy seed. She loves poppy seeds! Have you guys tried Chobani lemon yogurt?? OMG, it’s amazing! My store had Chobani on sale 5/$5 (although I can always find Chobani for $1 each at Walmart not on sale.
I used two container of the lemon Chobani in these muffins and they were so moist! Shhh. I didn’t tell Hannah that I used Splenda – she usually gives me the stink eye if I tell her I made healthy muffins.
I talked about this baking pan on my Instastory over the weekend – its Williams-Sonoma Goldtouch muffin pan – they have several kinds to choose from, but I’ve had that muffin tin for probably 6+ years and the muffins always come out perfect.
I did a quick glaze with powdered sugar, a pinch of salt and lemon juice.
I’m pretty sure I’m the best Mom ever for making her daughters favorite muffins 😀 Actually I sent most of them home with Jacob’s grandpa on Sunday night, but I told Hannah I’d make her more soon.
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 cup Splenda, no calorie
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 containers lemon Chobani
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 large eggs
- Heat oven to 425.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix the remaining ingredients in another bowl and whisk just until combined.
- Using an icecream scoop, divide dough mixture in the muffin tins. Bake 11-15 minutes depending on how hot your oven gets. Baking the muffins at 425 gets that wonderful top to the muffin - just don't open the oven door if you can help it while they are baking. No peeking!
- I used 1 cup of powdered sugar with 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of melted coconut oil - I think the coconut oil helps the glaze to harden. I left it off the ingredient list, because these muffins are just as great without it, but I only use about a teaspoon of glaze per muffin, so go ahead - so good!
I ran this through the Weight Watcher recipe builder, and each muffin comes in at 5 points, add an extra point if you use the glaze.
What’s your favorite kind of muffin? Lemon Poppy Seed is high on the list, but I love a banana muffin with a pecan struesel topping. Now I want a banana muffin!
Make it a great day!