I just wish I was maintaining at 135 pounds though!
Even though its not showing on the scale, I feel tighter, if that makes any sense. I think those 30 minute stretch DVR I’ve been doing is tightening up my muscles and my legs feel good with the walking. I just need to step away from the wine and salty snacks!
Yep, another breakfast parfait – this time with oranges – I love citrus in parfaits.
My friend and I went to a funky garage sale. I tend to go to garage sales that say “multi-family.” We get there and its just three ladies selling a bunch of crap – mostly horse riding stuff. But my friend spotted a panini press! It looked brand new. On the outside it had the initials GDL, but the inside had a Hamilton owners manual, so I was a bit confused.
They were asking $12, I negotiated for $10 and when we got in the car, I googled it and found out that GDL stands for Giada DeLaurentis – duh! This normally sells at Target for $50!
Not sure if you can tell in the picture, but this is big enough to press four sammies! Of course, if you follow me on Facebook, you’ll see that Tony’s response to this purchase was less than enthusiastic. His response? Just one more kitchen appliance that’s used once and then put in the basement never to be seen again. I joked and said for that remark he might get panini’s every night next week!
Actually, today I am making myself a oven roasted turkey panini with avocado spread and sun dried tomatoes – doesn’t that sound good?
You can tell by my lunch yesterday that it was “throw shit in a bag day.” Leftover Easter ham, mashed potatoes with baby spinach, a string cheese and some baby carrots with hot taco sauce on top – weird, I know, but delicious!
I picked up a grocery store pizza on my way home, and dressed it up with pepperoni, jalapeno for me and green olive for Tony. It’s weird, some jalapenos are so hot I can only eat a couple, some aren’t hot at all. These were just barely spicy, but good none the less.
I did my meal plan grocery list last night, and I think I’ll do that from now on. After WW I went straight to the store and was home, putting groceries away by 9:45 – love it! I have some great things on my menu this week. My SIL and I are going to eat like Queen’s this week!
Lunches for me and my SIL:
- Chicken Vindaloo with Brown Rice and Broccoli
- Chicken Fajitias with sauteed peppers and Veronica’s crock pot refried pinto beans
- Cavitapi pasta with brussel sprouts and butternut squash pasta sauce
- Bang Bang Shrimp with sauteed zucchini and carrots
- Thai chicken soup with sesame wontons (based on this recipe)
- Whole Chicken smoked in our smoker with a lemon terragon pan sauce, green beans and mashed potatoes
- BBQ ribs, baked in the oven with homemade wet rub and bbq sauce, baked beans and corn on the cob
- Smoked sausage with Red Beans and Rice
- Out to dinner with Mara! Tony is having meatloaf
- Steak Diane, baked potato and pan roasted broccoli
- Beef taquitos with crock pot refried beans
What’s on your menu this week? Off to clean out my pantry and fridge – make it a great day!