Drum roll please . . . .
My plan is to hit my 10 pound loss next week (only 1.6 to go!) and hit my 5%. I want the 5% sticker dammit!
While I normally look forward to party pizza Friday, I keep forgetting that it’s lent. Since Tony’s favorite pizza is a meatza (sausage, mushroom, pepperoni, meatballs, bacon, etc!) and he’s not a huge fan of veggie pizza, we went to Plan B.
He emailed me this with the subject line: Dinner??
- 2 servings – 10 PointsPlus per serving (8 shrimp, 1/2 of sauce and 1 cup pasta)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (which I pureed, can’t do chunky tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 16 medium size shrimp
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat a skillet to medium heat. Add olive oil and butter. Add garlic and cook for a few minutes. Add tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes. Add wine and Italian seasoning and simmer for about 10 minutes, the sauce will reduce somewhat as the wine cooks down. Add raw shrimp and simmer for 2-3 minutes, just until the shrimp is cooked through. Toss in the pasta and coat with sauce.
It was a perfect dish – the pasta absorbed the sauce, the shrimp were so tender – a perfect date night in dinner – and done in 30 minutes from beginning to end.
So my plan for this week to get to my 10 pounds lost:
- drink water on the weekends – I do great at my desk, but not on the weekends
- exercise on the weekends – even if its just going for a walk
- less wine!
- more veggies – I plan on adding salad to a lot of my lunches
The sun is shining today – and we may hit 50 degrees – hello spring!
Enjoy your weekend!