It’s hard to believe that I started this blog two years ago! When I started out, I thought my blog would be a great way to store my recipes, maybe introduce you to a recipe you may have never tried before.
I had no idea the friendships I would develop over these past two years. While my husband thinks its crazy that I call you my friends because we have never met, I consider each and every one of you my friends, and its been nice getting to know you so well!
I am still not that computer savvy, and when I picked the URL from the beginning, I picked Biz319 because Biz is my nickname and my birthday is March 19. So if someone asks me about my blog name, its kind of awkward to write out www.biz319.wordpress.com! So with the help of Jenn, my new domain name is www.mybizzykitchen.com. The old URL will just bring you to the new name, but that’s much easier to remember I think!
So much has happened these past two years!
- You’ve read the story of how Hannah came into the world
- You’ve read about how I met and married my amazing husband
- You supported us when Tony was in the hospital
- You cheered us when he came home from the hospital
- You watched the video of Hannah getting her car
- You watched Hannah graduate from high school!
- You watched my step-son Joe turn 20 – in a few weeks he’ll be 21!
- You watched my most recent family reunion in Hilton Head
And hopefully along the way maybe tried a recipe or two of mine! 😀 I thank everyone who takes time out of their day to stop by my little piece of the blog world!
So in honor of Biggest Diabetic Loser’s (BDL) Two Year Blogaversary, its time for another giveaway!
- $25 gift card to Whole Foods
- a BDL cookbook with 75 recipes, with pictures and nutritional information
- two jars of my baja fresh salsa
- two jars of pepper jelly
How to win? Simply leave me a comment telling me if you’ve tried any of my recipes, or leave a comment telling me about a favorite recipe of yours. That’s it! I’ll pick a winner on Tuesday, June September 7. (thanks for the catch Helen!)
I’ll leave you with another quick recipe. I’ve made a 30 minute bolognese before, but didn’t have all the ingredients so I modified it with what I had on hand.
20 Minute Bolognese (printer friendly version)
Makes 8 servings (252 calories, 11 fat, 5.2 carbs, 1.0 fiber, 31 protein)
This is so quick and delicious – perfect for a weeknight!
|12||ounces ground beef|
|14||ounce diced tomatoes|
|1||teaspoon garlic, minced|
|12||ounces ground beef|
|1||cup whole milk|
|2||tablespoons tomato paste|
|1||pinch black pepper|
|1||teaspoon Italian seasoning|
- Pulse the bacon in the food processor. Heat skillet to medium heat, and cook bacon for 5 minutes, until it starts to brown.
- Add mushrooms and carrot to food process and pulse. Add to bacon, add beef and cook an additional 5 minutes, stirring to break up the beef.
- Add canned tomatoes to the food processor. Add tomatoes and remaining ingredients (except for tomato paste) and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in tomato paste. Serve over your favorite pasta.
Update: I am submitting this 20 minute sauce to Christina’s Friday Firsts!
And special thanks to Hannah and Tony, who have gotten used to eating the first five minutes of dinner without me while I take my pictures – thanks for supporting my hobby! 😀
Hope you have a wonderful Friday – and thanks again for stopping by! 😀