Not a way to start the day . . .

My husband picked up a message on our answering machine this morning saying that there would be no bus service for school because of a house fire that was on the next street over.

I immediately got the dog, grabbed the camera and headed up the street.  As soon as I turned right, and saw the firetrucks at the top of the hill.  I knew it was the bar.  We have a small bar (that looks like a house) a block and a half from our house.  While the building structure is in tact, the whole thing was burned on the inside.

So on my way back from dropping my daughter off to school, I happend to see one of the owners.  I asked her what happened, and she said they thought it was electrical and started in the basement.

She seemed so calm though and then she said something that put it in perspective.  The fire was contained, it didn’t spread to any other house on the street, no one was injured.  “It’s just stuff.”  Her main concern was about their two full time employees! 

It’s a rainy day here, the type of day you want to just stay in bed. 


  • 1 slice of my wheat berry bread
  • 1 tsp. smart balance
  • .5 ounce spinach
  • 1 egg
  • 1 ounce canadian bacon
  • .5 ounce provoloe
405 calories, 17 fat, 36 carbs, 4.9 fiber, 26 protein

405 calories, 17 fat, 36 carbs, 4.9 fiber, 26 protein

My break is over, back to work!

You Might Also Like

  • Tony
    September 29, 2008 at 3:50 pm They took the bar, the whole f-ing bar!! --Bluto Blutarsky
  • CSA and Meatpalooza! « Biggest Diabetic Loser
    July 11, 2009 at 8:17 pm [...] back in the early days of my blog, the bar down the street from us was burned severely due to an electrical fire.  It was closed most of the winter and recently opened a [...]